The New Zealand and Cuba programs are open exclusively to accredited U.S. colleges and universities, while the program with Mexico is open to all accredited international colleges and universities. IIE especially invites institutions who are relatively new to international activities or may have less installed capacity in international education. Institutions must demonstrate a commitment to pursue international linkages.
If selected, participating campuses agree to the following:
- Form an on-campus task force of faculty/administrators that will work on prospective partnerships with institutions in the partner country
- Conduct an institution-wide inventory of activities pertaining to the partner country
- Develop a strategic plan focused on partnership with the country
- Participate in multiple IAPP program webinars
- Attend a one-week study tour in the partner country. All in-country expenses will be covered by the program, but participants are responsible for covering their international airfare and visa costs
- Share best practices with other campuses participating in the IAPP program
For information about the International Academic Partnership Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.