IIE Commitment to Global Leadership
Since its founding in 1919, the Institute of International Education (IIE) has focused on developing the skills and abilities of individuals through international exchange to prepare them for future leadership roles. Through its programs, IIE gives students, scholars and professionals the opportunity to explore and become engaged and active in an international environment, while bolstering their critical thinking, academic, and problem solving skills.
Managing Corporate Scholarships
IIE manages many of the world’s most prestigious global scholarship and training programs for leading corporations such as Alcoa, GE and ExxonMobil, among others. We have had the honor of administering the world-renowned Fulbright Program and the prominent Humphrey Fellowships Program on behalf of the U.S. Department of State since their inception. Through a wide variety of educational programs sponsored by the U.S. government, corporations, foundations, and foreign governments, IIE annually places over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 175 countries in U.S. colleges and universities. Utilizing a network of dedicated personnel, regional offices, and innovative technology, IIE annually monitors more than 8,000 graduate, undergraduate, and short-term training students on scholarships and fellowships.
IIE-administered programs bring recognition to corporations for their commitment to social responsibility and help them develop professionals and leaders with the international experience, high-level training, and cross-cultural tools to succeed in the 21st century. IIE-Vietnam works with corporations and foundations to provide scholarships to talented individuals or emerging leaders to study in the United States, Vietnam or a third country in specialized fields that will build a skilled workforce in their home country and contribute to the development of the sponsoring corporation and the local community.
All programs are tailored to the sponsor's needs and can include:
- Program design
- Publicity and recruitment
- Screening and selection
- Organizing specially designed leadership seminars, pre-departure orientation and other activities for grantees
- Financial / academic monitoring of grantees throughout their studies.
Our approach to the design and management of scholarship programs is based on a respect for, and understanding of, our sponsors’ objectives and intentions for the program. We work closely with our sponsors to integrate program policies, design reporting tools, and monitor program achievements and results.
IIE regularly includes local stakeholders in important scholarship activities, including outreach sessions, alumni events, and award ceremonies. To sustain projects' activities over the long-term, IIE also works to train local personnel to assume certain project responsibilities, often in cooperation with a local government office, educational institution or NGO.
Current Scholarship Programs and Activities in Vietnam
IIE-Vietnam has administered and provided outreach services for a number of prestigious scholarships and grants (e.g. the Fulbright Students’ Scholarships and the East-West Center Scholarships) since opening an office in Hanoi in 1997. Below are the scholarship and outreach programs that are currently administered by IIE-Vietnam:
- The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Scholarship Program, funded by the GE Foundation, represents an investment in initiatives that improve educational opportunity and strengthen community organizations through providing funding for outstanding students in the field of business, engineering, and the sciences who are in financial need or who are disadvantaged geographically, ethnically or by gender. The program aims to develop “leadership in service” among the grant recipients through a specially designed seminar, mentor/mentee programs, and community service involvement.
- The SMBC (Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation) Global Foundation Scholarship Program is designed to provide financial assistance to Vietnamese students at the best Vietnamese universities and to promote close relationships between the Foundation and communities in participating countries. The selection criteria includes excellent academic accomplishments, strong leadership potential and community involvement, and financial need.
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center's Residencies for Scholars and Creative Artists provide a platform for developing new ideas and solutions to some of the most difficult global problems in a Residency that allows for a quiet setting for focused work and a place to connect with dynamic innovators from across the globe. Residency participants include scholars, scientists, artists, journalists, writers, non-governmental organization practitioners and policymakers from around the world.
- The New York University Abu Dhabi Scholars Program provides top-performing high school students from all over the world with the opportunity to gain a U.S. undergraduate degree at NYU’s new Abu Dhabi campus. IIE-Vietnam administers outreach services, in cooperation with IIE-Thailand, to provide information about the program and to identify highly admissible students for the global campus.
For more information about corporate scholarship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
IIE-Vietnam provides limited services for regionally accredited U.S. institutions of higher education that wish to establish a presence in Vietnam. IIE-Vietnam’s considerable expertise and extensive network can help advance the international student recruitment and other international education goals of U.S. institutions in Vietnam. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arranging meetings with Vietnamese educators
- Organizing school and institutional visits
- Publicizing events to Vietnamese students
- Providing space for institutional presentations
- Providing logistical support
- Arranging for interpreters and transportation
Please contact us for more information.