SMBC Global Foundation Scholarship Program
IIE Southeast Asia currently administers the SMBC Global Foundation Scholarship Programs in Thailand. This program has been providing a onetime grant to Thai students at leading universities in Thailand every year since 2004. The foundation aims to promote close relationships between the foundation and communities throughout Thailand.
Current participating universities in Thailand*
- Chiang Mai University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Khon Kaen University
- Prince of Songkla University
- Thammasat University
- 1st to 4th-year undergraduates from faculties/Departments related to Japanese Language & Culture, Law, Economics, Business, or Commerce.
- Minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00 is required.
- Eligible candidates shall be individuals who are pursuing studies at participating universities within the Program, as currently in effect, to meet the requirements for an academic or professional degree conferred by those universities.
- Criteria which will be used in the selection of scholarship winners may include (but are not limited to) the following: prior academic performance; professional experience; plans and commitments after completion of academic program; letters of reference from community members and instructors; financial need; conclusions from a personal interview with the individual as to the individual's motivation, character, ability and potential; and extracurricular and community activities.
- Selection will be made without regard to the individual applicant's race, color, ethnic origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, or physical handicap.
*Application closing date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Qualified students are encouraged to contact the Student Affair Division at the above listed universities.
Chiang Mai University
Khun Nikom Chaichan, Tel. 053-943037
Khun Varunee Suwanphosri, Tel. 02-2187052 ext. 406
Khon Kaen University
Khun Wilawan Ungsunantawiwat, Tel. 043-202-059
Prince of Songkla University
Khun Benjamas Lertboworn, Tel. 074-282-204
Khun Sopaporn Sae-Hor, Tel. 02-564-2921