Leaders Program - Thailand
IIE /SEA conducts and administers a scholarship program on behalf of the General Electric (GE) Foundation, Inc. since 1997, which encourages and supports outstanding undergraduate students in Thailand.
For nearly 17 years, the GE Foundation has granted this scholarship to Thai undergraduate students.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) in Bangkok and GE Foundation are now accepting applications from Thai students who meet the following qualifications:
Who can apply?
- Thai nationality
- With proven financial hardship
- 1st year undergraduate student (International Program not eligible) of participating universities:
- Chiang Mai University
- Kasetsart University (all campuses)
- Khon Kaen University (all campuses)
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Lad Krabang
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology North Bangkok
- King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi
- Mahidol University (all campuses)
- Prince of Songkla University (all campuses)
- Thammasat University (all campuses)
- Field of study: Accounting, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Sciences, Environment, Economics, or Engineering ( Electronics, Mechanical, Environment, and Telecommunication)
- Good Academic Performance:
- high school education CGPA required 3.00
- 1st academic year CGPA required 3.00 and 2.75 for Engineering studies
- Be able to participate in community services and have a strong leadership skill.
- Scholarship USD2,000 per year for 2nd, 3rd, 4th years of undergraduate program
- Participation in GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders activities, including a specially designed leadership development
The application deadline is April 15, 2015.
For more information please contact IIE's Scholarship Unit
Phone: 02-652-0653 ext 119 or 121
What is the purpose of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program?
The purpose of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program is to identify talented young people and develop their capacity to help build the human resources in communities where GE is active. The ultimate goal is to facilitate the economic and social development of the countries by broadening access to education and facilitating learning (and leadership skills) in management and business, finance, engineering, technology, and the sciences.
The scholarship program includes a 3-day seminar in all countries; the curriculum will be designed to foster "leadership-in-service" in a context appropriate to the culture of each country.
Learn more about the GE Foundation Scholar Leaders Program