IIE offers competitive salary, pension plan, local or international medical benefit, generous education reimbursements, and an excellent work environment.
Job Title: Assessment Officer
Working Place: Institute of International Education/Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
Purpose of Position
The Assessment Officer develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing university English language testing product clients in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos. S/he provides logistical support and customer service for all regional clients and, in coordination with regional leadership, develops and implements a targeted marketing strategy to increase sales of ITP testing products in Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Client and Administrative Support (Thailand focused) - 70%
- Proactively correspond with existing and potential clients. Maintain client relationships; escalate non-standard issues to management as needed.
- Support logistics and administration of regional activities.
- Manage product ordering, inventory, and shipping systems.
- Maintain up-to-date contact list for past, current, and potential clients.
- Score tests and execute requisite follow-up activities.
- Record sales and cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly sales and inventory reports.
- Serve as test proctor; deliver proctor trainings to clients.
Business Development (Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar) - 30%
- In coordination with regional leadership, develop and implement marketing campaign and outreach activities for assessment services and products in Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
- Conduct promotional presentations, information sessions, workshops, and trainings for potential clients at educational institutions, governmental agencies, international organizations, and language schools.
- Participate in fairs and other public events to reach wider audiences with information about assessment services and the overall work of IIE/SEA.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting fast-paced, customer-focused operations required.
- Demonstrated work experience with U.S. higher education and ASEAN higher education systems highly preferred.
- Event planning experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general marketing principles and strategy highly preferred.
- Fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing required; proficiency in Thai language is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Strong interest and ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivation; ability to launch and expand existing lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to handle changing priorities/tasks under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet software and database software.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
To apply, please send your CV with a photo along with contact details of at least two references and a cover letter to Mr. Sinchai Lekwanitchakul at SLekwanitchakul@iie.org or Dr. Jonathan Lembright atJLembright@iie.org. The application deadline is the close of business on Wednesday, 19 August 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please contact: Mr. Sinchai Lekwanitchakul (Khun Yai), Assessment Division, Tel: 02-652-0653 Ext. 115
Positions available at the Institute of International Education worldwide:
View all positions at the IIE career center