IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad
Navigating a Changing World: Building Talent with Global Experience
Studies show that graduates with an international experience find employment faster and are more prepared than those without it. Yet less than 10% of U.S. college students graduate with a global experience.
The 2017 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad will bring together leaders and practitioners from education, government and business for action-oriented discussion on global workforce readiness. Many more U.S. students need to be extended the opportunity to gain an international experience abroad so that they can be prepared to become leaders in tech, science, innovation, and solving some of the pressing problems in our interconnected world.
The Summit is part of IIE’s Generation Study Abroad® initiative that aims to double the number of U.S. students studying abroad by 2020. Our goal is to encourage meaningful actions that drive up the number of students participating in international education.
3 Top Reasons to Attend
- Network with U.S. and international Partners
- Contribute your voice about the value of global experience
- Discover new ideas with public and private sector innovators
Who Should Attend?
- Worldwide College and University Leaders: Presidents, Provosts, Senior International Officers, Deans and Faculty
- U.S. and Multinational Corporate and Organizational Leaders: CEOs, Change Managers and Talent Acquisition Managers
- Campus Leaders in Career Services, Diversity and Inclusion and Study Abroad
- K-12 Principals and Teachers
- Senior Government Officials from Education, Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Study Abroad and Youth Leadership Directors
For more information or questions contact Sylvia Jons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date, more than 600 partners from the U.S. and abroad have joined Generation Study Abroad with a bold vision to double the number of U.S. students studying abroad by the end of the decade. The latest Open Doors data showed 5% growth in study abroad, but much more is needed to achieve our ambitious goal.
Learn more about Generation Study Abroad