After attending the biometric appointment at the respective CASV receiving the ORIGINAL Form DS-2019, BSMP students must attend the J-1 visa interview at the respective U.S. Embassy/Consulate. The ORIGINAL Form DS-2019 is required for the J-1 visa interview.
BSMP Students Must Also Bring:
- ORIGINAL current passport
- DS-160 confirmation page
- SEVIS I-901 Fee Payment Receipt
- Any previous U.S. visas in current or expired passport or a copy
In addition to the above, it is strongly recommended to bring the following:
- BSMP Terms of Appointment and Special Instructions
- Any documentation received from the U.S. host institution
- Copies of BSMP application materials (application, transcripts, diplomas, letters of recommendation, etc.)
BSMP Students should be prepared to answer the following questions for the J-1 visa interview:
- What is IIE and why did IIE issue you a Form DS-2019?
- Why do you want to go to the U.S. to study?
- What do you know about your host institution? (location, size, field of study expertise, etc.)
- Why are you applying for a nonimmigrant J-1 student visa in the non-degree category?
- How will this experience better prepare you for your career/life in Brazil?
- What are your intentions to return to Brazil upon completion of your authorized program?